Update regarding resumption of suspended train operation of Resort Shirakami
Train operation between Fukaura Station and Ajigasawa Station to resume on the Gonō Line
The information below is provided by JR East (East Japan Railway Company) as of 8 December, 2022.
Please note that scheduled times and dates may be subject to change depending on weather or other conditions and will be updated accordingly.
- The temporary suspension of service of the section below on the Gonō Line due to heavy rains in August 2022 is scheduled to resume operation (refer Table 1).
- The Resort Shirakami is scheduled to resume operation on all sections between Akita Station and Aomori Station from Saturday, December 24, 2022 (refer Table 2 & 3).
Future train operation schedule for Resort Shirakami
- Resort Shirakami 1 (stops on the way): Oiwake・Hachirogata・Moritake・Higashi-Noshiro・Noshiro・Akita Shirakami・Iwadate・Jūniko・WeSpa Tsubakiyama・Fukaura・Ajigasawa・Mutsu-Morita・Kizukuri・Goshogawara・Mutsu-Tsurada・Itayanagi・Fujisaki・Kawabe・Hirosaki・Shin-Aomori
- Resort Shirakami 5 (stops on the way): Oiwake・Hachirogata・Higashi Noshiro・Noshiro・Akita Shirakami・Iwadate・Jūniko・WeSpa Tsubakiyama・Fukaura・Senjōjiki・Ajigasawa・Mutsu-Morita・Kizukuri・Goshogawara・Mutsu-Tsuruda・Itayanagi・Fujisaki・Kawabe・Hirosaki・Shin-Aomori）
- Resort Shirakami 2 (stops on the way): Shin-Aomori・Hirosaki・Kawabe・Fujisaki・Itayanagi・Mutsu-Tsuruda・Goshogawara・Kizukuri・Mutsu-Morita・Ajigasawa・Senjōjiki・Fukaura・WeSpa Tsubakiyama・Jūniko・Iwadate・Akita Shirakami・Noshiro・Higashi-Noshiro・Moritake・Hachirogata・Oiwake
- Resort Shirakami 4 (stops on the way): Shin-Aomori・Hirosaki・Kawabe・Fujisaki・Itayanagi・Mutsu-Tsuruda・Goshogawara・Kizukuri・Mutsu-Morita・Ajigasawa・Senjōjiki・Fukaura・WeSpa Tsubakiyama・Jūniko・Iwadate・Akita Shirakami・Noshiro・Higashi-Noshiro・Hachirogata・Oiwake
Termination of Resort Shirakami’s sectional operation
The sectional operation of Resort Shirakami 1 and 2 between Ajikasawa station and Aomori station that was announced on 7 November, 2022 will be terminated on Friday, 23 December, 2022.
Resort Shirakami 1 (stops on the way): Mutsu-Morita, Kizukuri, Goshogawara, Mutsu-Tsuruta, Itayanagi, Fujisaki, Kawabe, Hirosaki, Shin-Aomori
Resort Shirakami 2 (stops on the way): Shin-Aomori, Hirosaki, Kawabe, Fujisaki, Itayanagi, Mutsu-Tsuruda, Goshogawara, Kizukuri, Mutsu-Morita
- If you wish to change the reserved-seat ticket you have already purchased due to the end of the sectional operation, you can get a refund at the station counter without any charge. Please purchase another reserved-seat ticket of your choice.
View Gonō Line on Google Maps: