Make your own mug or plate under the guidance of a local potter!
Enjoy pottery in the countryside!
Craft your own mug or plate with local potter and stained glass artist, Yui-san. After molding your creation, smoothing it out, and decorating it with carvings and stamps, you can choose from a number of paint colors! Although it’ll take some time to get the finished product, it’ll be a great reminder of your time in the Akita Shirakami area.
Afterwards, check out Yui-san and his wife’s stained glass workshop. Their cozy studio (and home) feels magical with all of their creations. Take a look and enjoy a warm cup of coffee.
- Activity name
- Enjoy pottery in the countryside!
- 2,500 JPY
- Date / Time
- Sundays and Mondays
- Activity length
- 1~2 hours
- Meeting Place
- グラスヒュッテヒノデ Glass Hutte Hinode
- Parking available on-site
- Notes / Other
- -Workshops are only available on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations can be made through phone or email.
- Getting there: Take the sharp right after the first set of train tracks onto the narrow road with the guard rail. Follow this road for a couple of minutes until you arrive to the green studio building.
Business / Company / Operator Details
- Glass Hutte Hinode