Enjoy fall in the Shirakami Mountains the Akita way.
Shirakami Foliage Walk and Nabekko Picnic
Spend a day going around viewing the beautiful foliage in Shirakami Sanchi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will meet at the World Heritage Conservation Center, Fujisatokan. We will then head to Shirakami Sanchi by bus and walk around places famous for their foliage. You’ll get to see Shirakami’s iconic 400-year-old beech tree known as the Mother Tree and the Mononoke Beech, named after the beech forest in Princess Mononoke, a Studio Ghibli film. This is an easy walk on flat land that does not require physical exertion. You will be accompanied by a guide who knows everything about the Shirakami Mountains. For lunch, you will experience a nabekko picnic, a custom unique to Akita involving making a hot pot as a team outdoors, at the Kurumidai Camping Ground. Enjoy making and eating kiritanpo hot pot (kiritanpo is food made of cooked rice that is pounded, placed around cedar skewers, and toasted) with everyone.
- Activity name
- Shirakami Foliage Walk and Nabekko Picnic
- - Party of 4 or more: Adult 6,500 JPY +tax, Child 5,500 JPY +tax
- Party of 3: Adult 8,000 JPY +tax, Child 8,000 JPY +tax
- Party of 2: Adult 12,000 JPY +tax, Child 12,000 JPY +tax
- Party of 1: Adult 24,000 JPY +tax, Child 24,000 JPY +tax
- Activity length
- 8 hours
- Operation period
- Late Sept. ~ Oct.
- Notes / Other
- Please drive to the field. Please inquire if you do not have a vehicle.
Business / Company / Operator Details
- Akita Shirakami Guide Association
- (+81) 185-79-2518
- Business hours
- 9:00 ~ 17:00
- Year-end and New Year holidays